Gord is going to be released on August 8th for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, Team17 Digital and Covenant have confirmed. Gord was first announced in 2021 and it was originally slated to be released in 2022. Players will be building up and managing their settlement, while also venturing into the cursed lands around it to take on the dangers that lurk outside. The game has been inspired by Slavic folklore, and it will not be an easy life to manage.
The key features of Gord include:
- Mature dark fantasy adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
- Build to survive, conquer to prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique ‘Sanity System’: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-crafted quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash powerful incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells, each with custom animations, to tip combat in your favour
- ‘Custom Scenarios’ mode with procedurally generated levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
Players can get their hands on Gord via Steam during Steam Next Fest from June 19th to June 26th.
Source: Press Release