It’s the Spring bank holiday weekend, and rather surprisingly, the weather is glorious! You might be planning to spend some time out in the sunshine, but before you slather yourself in sunscreen and realise you’ve forgotten to take sunglasses with you, let’s catch up on the week that was.
The biggest event of the week was the PlayStation Showcase featuring a bunch of cool games we can expect to grace our consoles in the not-too-distant future, so let’s dive in!
In the News This Week
For everything you need from Sony’s stream, here’s all the PlayStation Showcase trailers and announcements. Here’s the headlines, though:
Games in Review
We had reviews from both ends of the spectrum, with Beat Saber 2 being a ‘must buy’ for PSVR 2 owners, while everyone should avoid Gollum like the plague.
- Beat Saber PSVR 2 – PSVR2, PSVR, PC VR – 10/10
- Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Planet of Lana – XSX|S, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Protodroid DeLTA – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 8/10
- Death or Treat – PS5, XSX|S, PC – 4/10
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 1/10
Nic kicked off the previews with a look at Final Fantasy 16 and came away very, very impressed. Another title that is one to keep an eye on is Exoprimal, a game that doesn’t take itself too seriously, as you could probably guess from the dinosaurs and mech suits.
Wrapping up the week, What We Played featured Planet of Lana, Beat Saber & Gollum.
Let’s check in with the vocal parts of our readership.
- MrYd grabbed and is enjoying Jedi: Survivor, but was lured back to PSVR2 with Beat Saber, which he’s found to be a tad broken in specific circumstances, and the “wonderful” Walkabout Mini Golf. He also sampled Humanity, Chivalry 2 and &C Rift Apart. Oh, and he got a shiny new Sony TV to enjoy it all on (once he’d messed with the settings)
Have a good long weekend and I’ll catch you all soon!