Testament: The Order of High Human will be releasing on July 13th for PC, with PlayStation and Xbox releases to follow at a later date. To mark this announcement, developer Fairyship Games has release a new trailer. The game is an action RPG set in a post apocalyptic fantasy world where players take on the role of Aran, the king of the high humans in Tessara.
In this world of Testament: The Order of High Human, Aran has been betrayed by his brother Arva, who has stolen Aran’s powers, and the world has been plunged into darkness with monsters roaming the land. Aran will be able to use his sword, bow, and magic to confront the dangers of the world, with all of the abilities linked to them being upgradeable.
“It’s amazing to be able to unveil Testament: The Order of High Human’s launch date after the best part of five years in development,” said co-creator and studio co-founder Moe Naderi. “The reaction to the first trailer we put out last month has been immense, and we hope players are going to like our ‘melting pot’ approach of tipping Testament’s hat to some of the biggest adventure games from the last decade in play.”
The features of Testament: The Order of High Human include:
- Experience an immersive combat style based around three different approaches, each one designed to offer its own unique traits that allow the player to rely on it to get through the majority of play.
- Master sword game-play with a variation of destructive and elemental combos.
- Take charge of 16 magic abilities including single-target spells, traps, Area of Effect (AoE attacks), Damage per Second (DPS), and defensive spells.
- Utilize a magical bow with four different types of arrows such as a normal arrow, a ricochet arrow, an explosive arrow, and a passthrough arrow.
- Take advantage of a grand XP and upgrade system that motivates players to fully explore every land and dungeon.
- Experience unique gameplay areas with exciting platforming that reminds you of the nostalgic excitement from retro 2D platformers.
- Take charge of a brand new ‘Eclipse System’ based on gameplay entities called eyes of darkness and it consists of 3 different gameplay mechanics that can work separately or together to deliver exciting encounters and challenges.
- Use more than 18 consumables at the player’s disposal. These craftable items can affect the player’s health and mana or create enhancements to the player’s belongings and surroundings. Using them together can deliver advantages to help players shape their own playing style.
- Take on more than 40 main and side-quests, carefully crafted and relevant to the game’s consistent storytelling.
- Experience strong and engaging storytelling with a nonlinear narrative style.
Testament: The Order of High Human will be priced at $34.99/€34.99/£29.99.
Source: Press Release